SOT New Haven

SOT New Haven
SOT New Haven and their Circle of Mentors

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

LET GO, AND LET GOD WORK...



For the past couple of weeks I’ve been so happy and upbeat. I walk into a spot and something off the wall is going down, it doesn’t even affect me in the manner things would normally. I’m guessing because I am really and truly understanding my purpose here on this earth and walking in it…

It’s so funny because normally, when things aren’t going right with Sisters of Today & Tomorrow (SOT) or Chit Chat Communications, I’m straight up hurt and angry, ready to let someone have it :D), but I haven’t been feeling that way lately. I’ve been taking things in stride, “just a minor bump in the road, nothing major, because when it’s GOD ordained, nothing can stop it… Just like Mr. Barack Hussein Obama becoming 44th President of The United States of America, nothing stopped that and no one can touch him in his space, even with all this Tea Party / Republican crap. That’s GOD," I tell myself and others.

Well, a couple of weeks ago, I met SoSo Def Recording artist Dondria at the Bronner Brothers Hair Show and now she is going to be apart of Sisters of Today & Tomorrow’s anniversary festivities during the month of October. How exciting for us to have this new artist who had a dream and in the midst of working her fast food job, would sing a verse of something/anything on myspace for her followers/friends, before work each day, was discovered by famed Producer/Music Exe. Jermaine Dupri. Her story is one for the SOT girls, if you do what you are suppose to do and be creative in crafting an audience/niche for yourself, the sky is the limit. And I’m so glad we were able to secure her as her momanager said Dondria’s schedule is booking up fast. I guess so… She is currently on tour with Monica and Trey Songz.

And then there’s Roger Bobb… Executive Vice President for Tyler Perry Studios (TPS). I’ve been at this brother for 3 or 4 years, since he moved to Atlanta. I believe I was one of the first socialites-Publicist/Community organizers in town to not only meet him, but his parents as well. We always had a cool-surface relationship, but I could never lock him down to participate in any of my programs. Year by year, I have watched him participate in everybody’s stuff (well not everybody, but some key people in the city, and you know I think I’m key as well), but never mine. Timing was always a factor, either one of TPS movies were premiering or he was in production. Sisters of Today & Tomorrow finally has him locked in as the Co-Chair of SOT’s “Cocktails & Couture” Fashion Show Fundraiser and Networking Event, Friday, October 1, 2010, 6pm-8pm at an undisclosed location and we are so excited!

Sisters of Today & Tomorrow not only secured Roger Bobb, we also secured, Denise Hendricks, Producer of The Mo’Nique Show (former Producer for Oprah Show), as a Co-Chair. When I say God is working, he is truly working it out and I am so grateful… With these two on board, I’m sure we are going to be able to raise a lot of money and awareness for Sisters of Today & Tomorrow. THANK YOU GOD!

Next week, I go back to Charlotte for a second meeting with my Program Managers, Sabrina Mack & Angela Bunting, (both New Haven natives and Hillhouse Alumni) and our Advisory Board. SOT is ready to make an impact in the Queen City! I have my “Who’s Who in Black Charlotte” Book, along with some key players in the City on my team and we are going to make this happen. Shout out to singer Anthony Hamilton and his wife, we are definitely looking forward to teaming up with you and the H.E.L.P. (Healing Every Little Problem) organization.

I’m continuing to work it out, and accepting all that happens as a blessing and learning experience. It’s amazing when you let go and let GOD work…

No comments:

Post a Comment